Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the mixed messages out there about food? Are you frustrated at trying to figure out what works for you? If so, you are not alone. However, the most important questions are: What is best for your health, and what is right for you? Whether you have serious health issues or you are developing less serious symptoms, a Health Living/Nutritional Balancing program can help you get back on track to your natural state of balance and vitality.
I feel that nutrition is always the place to start because it is the foundation of your health. Every cell in your body is built upon the fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, that you put into it. By discovering your body’s specific needs and deficiencies, you can reclaim energy and good health.
Everyone is unique, meaning that what works for one doesn’t work for all. The concept of bio-individuality is that each person has their own nutritional needs. Since no two people are alike, I don’t believe that a one-size-fits-all diet is appropriate. However, the basic foundations of health do not vary from individual to individual. It is when the foundations are out of balance that health challenges surface. As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, I can guide you down the path that is most suitable for you as a unique individual.
At Tina’s Healthy Living, my goal is to help you identify what your perfect diet is. While everyone is genetically individual, the premise is that a properly prepared, nutritionally dense, whole food diet benefits everyone and is the key to optimal health. So, when the experts say, “dairy is good for you” or “fat is unhealthy,” it’s way too vague. We each have a different biochemistry that determines how our body uses food, what foods we like, and what foods don’t agree with us at all. The body communicates with us all the time, and its inherent intelligence allows it to know exactly what it needs and how to adapt to its environment in order to function best. Your job is to learn to listen to your body and provide it with the right types of whole foods that will restore balance and enhance your ability to heal – to know better so you can do better.
I am here to help you figure it all out! Together we will assess the areas in need of intervention, identifying a personal path to success that respects your unique needs. I will recommend practical dietary changes combined with supplementation to correct those nutritional deficiencies in order to restore balance and health to the body.
We will look at some Foundation aspects, such as:
- Digestion – Every cell that makes up every tissue that makes up every organ depends on the body’s digestive system to provide the nutrients it needs to keep on functioning. Digestion needs to be optimal for nutrients to be absorbed.
- Blood Sugar – Diabetes is not a disease, but rather a symptom of high insulin levels. Consuming refined sugars and excess carbohydrates cause severe deficiencies in the very nutrients that regulate blood sugar.
- Mineral Balance – Minerals, including Calcium are dependent on co-factors such as systemic pH, other minerals, good digestion, fatty acids and hydration. Minerals are only obtained from our diets and/or proper supplementation.
- Fatty Acid Balance – Healthy fatty acid deficiency is epidemic and contrary to popular belief many people do not consume enough fats. Often simply getting a correct balance of fats in the diet promotes better health.
- Hydration – Water is the most common nutritional deficiency in the American population! Some of the roles of Water: Cushions bones and joints, regulates body temperature, flushes toxins and empowers the body’s natural healing process.
An imbalance in any of these will manifest as different health problems for each person. The strength of Nutritional Balancing lies in its ability to detect and correct underlying dysfunction. Targeting the underlying dysfunction, combined with individualized dietary counseling is important to achieve better health.
I’ve experienced firsthand the benefits of Nutritional Balancing and love helping clients become more aware of foods that work well for them and foods that may be causing chronic symptoms with their body. In my consulting practice, there’s no judgment – just real, honest answers that are customized to your specific needs. If you are ready to improve your health and the way you feel, then you’ve come to the right place.
Nutrition and diet recommendation are based on your oxidation rate as revealed by a hair mineral analysis. Correct diet is a must to maximize benefits to the Nutritional Balancing Program. I find this to be the most difficult aspect and I personally assist my clients on their transition to healthy eating habits. Healthier food alternatives are introduced step by step, starting with a nutrient dense diet and customizing it just for you as a bio-individual.
No one diet works for everyone, but I can get you started down the right path to figure out what is best for you. The specific oxidation diets are a great place to get started.
Still have questions around nutrition and how it can benefit you? Sign up for a free call to ask all your questions, or simply send me an email to get started. Let’s begin a journey together to your new Healthy Life!